How to make a DIY Lava Lamp
Check out this great Science experiment to do with the kids over the holidays or include it as an activity as part as a Science Experiment party.
- Vegetable Oil
- Squeezy bottles filled with water
- Alka-Seltzer Tablet broken into pieces
- Glass Bottle (Voss bottles are perfect)
- 1 tsp glitter
- Fill each bottle with about 2/3 oil
- Use the squeezy bottle filled with water and hold glass bottle whilst squirting water into bottle, leave space at the top of the bottle so the lamp is able to bubble up.
- Add 1 tsp glitter into bottle (optional)
- Add about 6-8 drops of chosen colour, use skewer if want to mix colour through mixture more
- Break up Alka-Seltzer tablet into about 4 pieces
- Add 1 piece of tablet at a time and watch it bubble up
- Add another colour if you wish whilst it’s bubbling.
- You can keep reusing the Lava lamp anytime by adding another broken up Alka-Seltzer tablet and you will get a different effect next time with the colours mixed though
At Polka Dot Entertainment, we create “A party like no other”. We are event and party planners with over 15 years experience, we love to share our knowledge and expertise to help you create your very own gorgeous and memorable party so watch out for our blogs and tips on Facebook.
If you need some extra help to creating the party of your (or your child’s) dreams, Polka Dot Entertainment also provide lots of hire items, themed party kits where we come and set up and pack up a complete party for you, custom themed parties, travelling entertainers, cakes or even a complete party planned from start to finish.