How to host a Kids Spa Party…..
Spa Parties are great for children from the age 7 upwards right up to adults. In this post, I’ve compiled a list to help you organize and host a gorgeous Spa party for your child. For themed hire kits that includes everything you need to decorate and run a Spa party, check out our facebook album, “Spa Party Hire Theme Kit” also check out our blog post, “Tween Pamper Party” and our Facebook album, “A Spa party to remember” for some extra inspiration.
When planning a kid’s spa party you have to keep a few basic things in mind:
- the age of the party guests
- keeping spa tools clean and sanitary
When creating the plan for your spa party, keeping the age of the kids in mind is critical.
Tips for kids under 10
- Keep polish colour choices to simple and classic choices of 3-5 colours.
- Have a few extra capable (adult or teen) hands available to help those who aren’t able to paint their own nails.
- Keep the spa treatments simple and activities such as soak, scrub and massage for feet and massage and nail paint for hands. A face mask can be an option, some kids will be open to it and some may not be as keen.
- Also have some slightly less structured activities set up as stations such as making their own products.
Tips for over 10
- At this age, they start to develop their own sense of style and can be selective of what they like. You can encourage them to bring their own nail polish if they wish.
- Have a more casual setting for this age group. Simply having a schedule for them to loosely follow in their own time works well with less supervision.
- You could also let them file and shape the nails, push back the cuticles and add little decorative decals on their nails.
- Give them space. Let them sit and hang out without every moment being controlled.
Tips for keeping tools sanitary:
- If your budget allows, create little kits for everyone that includes clippers, nail file, and soaking dish.
- Use disposable where possible and if having to share nail clippers use alcohol or a sanitizing liquid between uses.
- To keep budget low, you could consider asking guests to bring their own manicure/pedicure equipment.
Setting the Scene:
- Set the scene in your home to look like a relaxing Day spa
- Decorate with an array of scented candles, flower, tea lights etc. For younger guests battery operated tea lights are safer.
- Hand mirrors for the girls to see their progress and floor pillows.
- Cover the tables with table cloths and decide on your colour theme. White, Pink and Blue work nicely as it caters for the girly girls who like pink and the girls who are going through the stage of being too cool for pink.
- Relaxing music in the background.
- Before the spa party begins have all your spa recipes out and the products needed. Set it all up on a station like table for guests to be able to come and make as needed.
- Have at least one robe for each child, and headband to tie her hair back for facial treatments. Or encourage guests to bring their own.
- Provide plenty of wash cloths and hand towels for each guest.
- Depending how you are going to run the party, set up several beauty stations throughout the party area or 1 large table with chairs around it and the supplies in the middle and place settings around the table for each partner.
- If you have access to a pool or spa, you can incorporate some relaxing swim time into the spa experience.
- Fill the floor of the party area with fluffy blankets, overstuffed pillows, and other comfy things your guests could lounge on.
Get guests to partner up and take turns in being the therapist and client. See my blog post called, “Kids Spa party schedule” as a guide to help follow on your day.
Snacks and Refreshments:
- Keep your snacks and refreshments light for the spa experience.
- Spa refreshments typically include chilled water and flavoured herbal teas for older guests.
- For snacks, you could serve a fruit platter, popcorn, crackers, dips and cheese.
- Guests can make spa items like a face scrub or bath soak.
- Lip Gloss and Shimmer moisturiser is another great activity.
Spa Party Food Ideas:
It’s always fun for the guests and the host to serve party food that fits your theme. If you have the time and would like to serve some spa-appropriate treats, consider these ideas:
- Finger sandwiches. This could be served in a high tea platter.
- Sparkling Fruit Punch: Serve in a drink dispenser with a drink of choice and frozen fruits, we like Sparkling Pink Grapefruit Mineral Water with Frozen berries.
- Petit Fours: These tiny treats are a dainty addition to any party. You can either purchase a selection of petit fours from a local shop, or you can easily make your own.
- Themed Spa Cake or co-ordinating cupcakes: these could be iced or fondant could be used and be topped with some beauty cake toppers.
- Spa themed biscuits: hire or buy a mask cutter or get them made for a great addition to your table.
- Chocolate bars and water bottles with printables look great, with the wrappers taken off and replaced with the personalized themed labels. Tip: we use the ALDI Choceur in packs of 3 for our bars, as we like how the bar is wrapped in foil.
- Macaroons: The biscuits can look great in co-ordinating colours. They are sold in Safeway, Mc Donalds and a lot of sweet shops (we buy ours from a local European Café)
- Lolly Buffet: Instead of making up lolly bags, why not either hire our glassware or use your own, fill them with colour co-ordinating lollies and let the guests fill their in bags.
Party Favour Ideas:
Ideas for Spa Party Favours:
- Manicure/pedicure supplies
- Comfy robes
- A towel set
- Lip gloss
- A spa mask
- Nail polish
- Homemade treats that have been made throughout the party
Sleepover Game ideas:
Spa parties work great with a sleepover party for older children. Some great games you can incorporate into the evening are:
Homemade Spa products:
Homemade spa products are a great party activity which also double as party favours. I’ve included some links below of some great ideas and recipes.
Kids homemade spa recipes : this site has a whole heaps of recipes
Kids homemade lip gloss: Natural lip gloss recipe
Whipped body butter: this is a great party favour for the adults to make, but you could get the kids to mix in some cosmetic glitter or shimmer and a favourite scent as an activity to take home.
If the idea of creating a Spa party seems stressful or overwhelming, check out some of our package options we offer for Spa parties at your home or in our venue with the attachments below.
At Polka Dot Entertainment, we create “A party like no other”. We are event and party planners with over 15 year’s experience, we love to share our knowledge and expertise to help you create your very own gorgeous and memorable party so watch out for our blogs and tips on Facebook.
If you need some extra help to creating the party of your (or your child’s) dreams, Polka Dot Entertainment also provide lots of hire items, themed party kits where we come and set up and pack up a complete party for you, custom themed parties, travelling entertainers, cakes or even a complete party planned from start to finish.