Exploding Rainbows Science Experiment
This experiment was created for a Science Experiment party for one of our parties. It is a great, simple fun activity to incorporate into a party or even just a fun activity to do with the kids over the holidays.
- 3-5 Squeeze bottles
- Food colouring 3-5 colours
- 3-5 small 50ml containers
- Bicarb Soda, 1 heaped tsp for each container
- Decide how many exploding rainbows you would like to do and then you will know how many squeezy bottles, colours and containers you will need.
- Fill 3-5 squeezy bottles filled with vinegar and add desired amount of food colour to each bottle. A different colour for each bottle.
- Put 1 heaped tsp of Bi-carb soda in each container
- Squeeze the vinegar solution into the container until it erupts over the container and then move to the next container and squeeze a different colour vinegar solution in letting it erupt just keep repeating the steps with the next colour.
- And Voila exploding rainbows.
At Polka Dot Entertainment, we create “A party like no other”. We are event and party planners with over 15 years experience, we love to share our knowledge and expertise to help you create your very own gorgeous and memorable party so watch out for our blogs and tips on Facebook.
If you need some extra help to creating the party of your (or your child’s) dreams, Polka Dot Entertainment also provide lots of hire items, themed party kits where we come and set up and pack up a complete party for you, custom themed parties, travelling entertainers, cakes or even a complete party planned from start to finish.