Healthier Honey Joys
Looking for a fun and scrumptious activity to do with the kids these holidays? Try my healthier no cook version of Honey Joys. This is a great, easy recipe for the kids to make with not too much help needed on your part.
There is so much sugar in the traditional version with 1/3 cup of sugar plus 2 tbls honey and 90gms butter. I’ve added coconut oil as it is naturally sweet, sets well when cooled and coconut oil has amazing health benefits. I’ve left a reduced amount of butter in the recipe as I like the buttery taste it adds but feel free to make it all coconut oil and try that out, it should still be yum.
I let my girls measure all the ingredients out and then let them spoon the mixture into the cupcake patties themselves.
I’ve added some optional ingredients that would go nicely with these as well.
Healthier Honey Joy Recipe
Makes approximately 20-
- 4 cups of cornflakes
- 2 tbls honey or a little more if you prefer (my kids still loved them with this amount of honey)
- 2 tbls butter
- 2 tbls coconut oil (4 tbls if you leave out the butter)
- Cupcake patties
Optional Extras: Sultanas, Cranberries, Coconut flakes or crushed nuts
- Measure out the cornflakes in a bowl
- Add all the other ingredients in a jug and melt in microwave or over a saucepan
- Pour into bowl with cornflakes and stir gently until all combined
- Spoon out into cupcake patties
- Put in the Fridge to set. I store mine in the Fridge.
At Polka Dot Entertainment, we create “A party like no other”. We are event and party planners with over 15 year’s experience, we love to share our knowledge and expertise to help you create your very own gorgeous and memorable party so watch out for our blogs and tips on Facebook.
If you need some extra help to creating the party of your (or your child’s) dreams, Polka Dot Entertainment also provide lots of hire items, themed party kits where we come and set up and pack up a complete party for you, custom themed parties, travelling entertainers, cakes or even a complete party planned from start to finish.