Rainbow Bath Bombs
Today I spent the day, testing out making bath bombs with my kids for practice for my upcoming pamper school holiday program this week. I needed to make enough mixture for a large group of kids.
These bath bombs look so yummy, almost good enough to eat. Now the kiddies can soak in a rainbow bath, how cool…..
I tried to mix the gel colours to make purple and it came out a murky brown almost purple colour so I don’t recommend mixing the gel colour together. I will update some of the pictures once, I make these again on the holiday program as I won’t mix the colours again..
Rainbow Cupcake Bath Bomb Recipe
Makes: Approx. 15-20
1 cup cream of tartar
1/2 cup Epsom salt
2 cups baking soda
8-10 drops essential oil of choice (I used lime)
2 tablespoons macadamia oil
1 tablespoon water
Gel food colouring – 4 colours of choice
Sprinkles of choice
Labels if needed for names
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
- In another bowl combine the wet ingredients
- Slowly drizzle the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients. Massage with hands in between. Being careful not to add to much water at once otherwise your mixture will begin to fizz.
- The mixture needs to look like wet sand sticking together in clumps. If extra moisture is needed to achieve this, use a water spray to slowly wet and massage the mixture together.
- Split the mixture into 4 bowls and slowly add a couple of drops of colour to each bowl. Massage the colour through with your hands.
- Spoon, layer and press down the mixture in the cupcake patties. It is firmer if you put the patties in a cupcake tray, I will be doing these bath bombs for my holiday program so won’t be able to put it in the tray.
- Put the sprinkles on top and use fingers to press down.
- Ideally let them set for 24-48 hours to dry. I will just be letting my group of kids know to be gentle when taking them home and let it dry for 2 days but I will be wrapping these tightly in cellophane for them to take that day.
- Wrap in cellophane
Voila!!! Gorgeous yummy looking rainbow cupcake bath bombs.
At Polka Dot Entertainment, we create “A party like no other”. We are event and party planners with over 15 year’s experience, we love to share our knowledge and expertise to help you create your very own gorgeous and memorable party so watch out for our blogs and tips on Facebook.
If you need some extra help to creating the party of your (or your child’s) dreams, Polka Dot Entertainment also provide lots of hire items, themed party kits where we come and set up and pack up a complete party for you, custom themed parties, travelling entertainers, cakes or even a complete party planned from start to finish.